1st:$300 2nd:$150 3rd:$50
to be decided by public voting Dec 9th to the the evening of the showcase
other categories to win prizes include: Most Creative, Most Colorful, The Tallest House,
Consistency of Theme, Most Christmas Spirit.
1: Entry Forms: There is no fee to enter. We kindly ask that you complete and return the entry form either by email, in person to Maple Springs of Wasilla, or through completing the form below before Nov 15th. The entry form is attached below. Only one entry per entity.
- Address: 3265 E Meridian Park Loop, Wasilla, AK 99654
- Email: GINGERBREAD@MAPLESPRINGSLIVING.COM
- Make sure to pay attention to your email for weekly tips & tricks, giveaways, recipes and more leading up to the showcase
- Deadline for entry forms: November 15th, 2022
2: Entry drop off: Completed houses must be brought to Maple Springs of Wasilla by 6pm Tuesday, Dec 8th.
3: Judging: Entries will be judged by the public from Dec 9th to the evening of the showcase on a scale of 1-5 based on the following:
- Overall appearance / Composition of the design
- Originality / Imagination / Use of materials
- “Fit” in category
- Difficulty of design / Design execution
- “Christmas Spirit” incorporated in the design
4: Winners: Winners will be announced at the showcase event 7pm DECEMBER 20th 2022. Winners will also be posted on the Maple Springs of Wasilla facebook page by December 21st.
5: Entry Display: Entries will be displayed at Maple Springs of Wasilla from Dec 9th to Jan 2nd.
6: Entry Specifics:
- Must be a model of your business, or depicting a scene typical to your business’s operations.
- Please include a 3″ x 5″ card with your display listing your company name, email address, telephone number. It is recommended to include 20 or so business cards for visitors to be able to grab.
- Display and the stand/base must fit inside a 36″ x 36″ spot
- 100% edible*. Unlike other competitions, this one requires the build to be 100% edible.
- *Small battery powered lights are an exception to this rule*
- It is HIGHLY recommended that entries are mounted on a sturdy piece of plywood. No larger than 36″ x 36″. The display board should act as an integral part of your design, and be size appropriate to your creation. Don’t use a board and leave it unincorporated in your overall design. It should compliment your creation. The base is considered part of the judging criteria.
7: Entry pick up: All entries must be picked up by 6pm January 6th. Any entries not picked up by this time will become property of Maple Springs.
GINGERBREAD RULES MSW
Maple Springs of Alaska reserves the right to photograph entries for promotional purposes without credit or compensation.